Reviews & Testimonials
Holistic or Integrative medicine is a form of healing that considers treatment of the whole person that includes the body, mind, spirit, and emotions for the overall optimal health and wellness. The primary objective of holistic medicine approach is about gaining proper balance (physical, emotional, or spiritual) in life.
Following are the Ten Principles of Holistic Medicine:
1. Achieving Optimal Health that is the conscious pursuit of the highest level of functioning and balance of the physical, environmental, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of human experience, resulting in a dynamic state of being fully alive. This creates a condition of wellbeing regardless of the presence or absence of disease.
2. Holistic health care practitioners strive to meet the patient with grace, kindness, acceptance, and spirit as healing care is life’s most powerful remedy.
3. Holistic health care practitioners view children as the unity of body, mind, spirit and the systems in which they live to treat all aspects of it.
4. Holistic health care practitioners promote health including promoting ways to prevent illness, and help raise awareness in our lives rather than merely managing symptoms. A holistic approach relieves symptoms, modifies contributing factors, and enhances the patient’s life system to optimize future wellbeing.
5. Holistic health care practitioners help patients identify their innate powers of healing in their bodies, so they can utilize these powers to affect the healing process.
6. Holistic health care practitioners will try integrate many healing systems to embrace the safe and effective options in diagnosis and treatment. These options come from a variety of traditions, and are selected in order to best meet the unique needs of the patient. The realm of choices may include lifestyle modification and complementary approaches as well as conventional medications and surgery if required.
7. Holistic health care practitioners provides a partnership centered care that encourages patient autonomy, and values the needs and insights of both parties. The quality of this relationship is an essential contributor to the healing process.
8. Holistic health care practitioners focus patient care on the unique needs and nature of the person who has an illness rather than the illness that has the person.
9. Holistic health care practitioners continually work toward the personal incorporation of the principles of holistic health, which then profoundly influence the quality of the healing health with long term goals.
10. Holistic health care practitioners takes healthcare as learning opportunities where they provide healing by learning and making adjustments for long term well being of their patients and the patients can learn from this experience to care for themselves on a life long basis.